Winter Photo Contest 2010 — With Prizes!
(Update! The results are in! Click here to see the winners of the Winter Photo Contest.)
Attention everyone! Wide Island View is running its first-ever photo contest by giving away more than 20,000¥ worth of prizes thanks to our friendly sponsor, NetPrice Japan. All you have to do is send us your best winter photo of Japan, and if we like it, we’ll send you one of three awesome prizes. You’d be crazy to not send something in!
The people over at FlutterScape have been overly kind, and provided us some some prizes to give away (if you don’t know, FlutterScape is a site where you can buy and sell items from Japan! It’s like Amazon.com, but just for Japanese stuff). They’ve been quite nice and we can’t wait to get our hands on give away these items to the lucky winners. (Winners get to pick which prize they want, just in case you are worried about getting the yukata.)
A big Mazinger Z action figure. Value: 10,000¥.
A deluxe summer Yukata. Value: 6,000¥.
A set of Dragonball Z toys. Value: 4,000¥.
The theme of this contest is Winter. Winter in Japan. So that kind of gives you a lot of information right there. The photo must meet these very simple requirements to win a prize:
- Be set in Japan.
- Have a Winter theme.
- Have been taken during the past six months.
- Have been taken by the person who is submitting the photo.
- Be no less than 1200 pixels on any side.
How To Submit
All you need to do is attach your photo to an email and send it to us at wivcontests (at) gmail.com. It’s that simple! Don’t forget to include this information with it as well:
- Your full name.
- If you are a JET or JET alum, tell us the town where you are/were placed.
- Photo Title.
- Where the photo was taken and a short description.
Get snapping and send us a photo because this contest ends April 1. Any emails received after April 1 will only be submitted to our trash can. We will announce the winners on Monday, April 5 here at Wide Island View!
In addition to highlighting the winning photos, we also may use some submitted photos in the Shashin Spotlight feature photo section in the future. So even if you don’t win, you could still get to show off your super awesome photography skills.
As a big bonus, all winners will have their photos displayed on Englipedia’s homepage, which will bring them massive amounts of fame, good fortune, and bragging rights.
We’re looking forward to seeing all your pics of beautiful Japan!
The Official Rule List – Know and Obey
- Limit of one photo submission per person.
- Photos must be recieved by April 1st, 2010.
- Wide Island reserves the right to reject any photo we feel is objectionable.
- Judging will be done by the editors and three other appointed judges, none of whom submitted photos.
- Photos will be given a score from each judge. Winners will be those with the highest composite score.
- Photos must be from Japan, taken within the last six months, and be no less than 1200 pixels.
- Needless to say, this is about winter, so non-winter photos will be rejected.
- Photo submissions are open to anyone worldwide.
- Photo must be taken by the person who is submitting the photo.