Super Veggie Lasagna Recipe
By Julia Mayeda
- lasagna noodles
- 1000 grams of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bags of spinach (about 6 bunches), chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 12 button mushrooms, chopped
- 4 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- a pinch of rosemary
- 200 grams mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 200 grams cottage cheese
- 300 grams shredded cheese
- 50 grams parmesan
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
• Prepare lasagna noodles as directed on the box. Remember they should be undercooked because they will finish cooking in the oven.
• Using 1-2 tbsp. olive oil, saute the spinach with 1 clove of garlic; unless you have a gigantic pan you will have to break it up into 2 to 4 rounds. Remember that it doesn’t take very long to cook spinach, maybe 1 to 2 minutes.
• Using the rest of the oil, saute the other veggies and garlic.
• Combine veggies, spinach, cottage cheese, oregano and rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
• In a large baking dish, coat the bot tom with a layer of sauce and lasagna noodles.
• Add a layer of veggie mix and cheeses and cover with another layer of noodles and sauce.
• Continue until you use all the ingredients or run out of room. I usually get 4 layers packed with goodies.
• The top of the lasagna should be covered with sauce and cheese.
• Cover with tin foil and bake until thoroughly heated, about 25 minutes, then uncover and bake until the cheese is melted.
• Feel free to substitute or add more of your favorite veggies!
• If you’re not feeding six people, this is a great meal to make on a Sunday and then eat it all week or freeze for later.
• Prep Time: 1 hour
• Feeds: 4 hungry people