Summer Grilled Chicken Burger Recipe
By Jane Puchniak
- 450g ground chicken
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- ½ cup finely chopped celery (optional)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley (optional)
- ½ tsp dried thyme (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp honey
- ⅔ tsp dried dill (available at specialty food stores)
- hamburger buns
- Mix all of the patty ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 patties.
- Fry the patties in olive oil for 8-10 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and stir until blended.
- When the patties are cooked, pile your hamburger bun with the chicken patty and desired toppings and finish with a generous helping of honey and dill dressing.
- If you are cooking for one, wrap the other 3 patties individually in plastic wrap and freeze them for later.
- For a healthier option: after frying, place the burgers on a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- If you have difficulty finding hamburger buns use bread as a substitute – in which case you can shape your burgers to be a little more square.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
- Recipe found online at http://www.prevention.com/article/0,5778,s1-3-82-301-3218-1,00.html